2012 Kayak 4 Cancer
The 2012 Kayak 4 Cancer dates and info will be announced in 2012.
The Dam Derby Race
The first ever Dam Derby was held on Sunday, July 10th, starting right below the Conduit Dam on the White Salmon River. Kayakers raced down the White Salmon, across the Columbia River, and finished in front of the Event Site amongst spectators. Here were the results:
Top Men’s Finishers:
- Louis Geltman
- Ryan Bahn
- Dan Gavere
Top Women’s Finishers:
- Monica Gokey
- Heather Herbeck
- Mollie Daugherty
All proceeds from the Kayak 4 Cancer event will benefit Athletes 4 Cancer Survivorship Camps, a unique survivorship program that utilizes adventure as a channel for survivors to overcome challenges and gain confidence as they face life after cancer.
Registration & Venues:
- $50 entry fee or a minimum of $250 raised through an Athletes for Cancer profile page, which can be created below under REGISTER NOW.
- Athletes receive a swag bag of cool stuff, a ticket to Friday’s Athlete & VIP dinner, lunch on event day, and entry to the Athlete & VIP party Saturday night.
- There will be on-site registration at the Hood River Event Site between 7:30 and 9:00 am.
- Shuttles from the Hood River Event Site to the White Salmon River put-in will depart at 9:00 am from the west end of theEvent Site parking lot. The last shuttle will leave at 9:30 am.
- Please SHUTTLE or CARPOOL to the Race put-in off Highway 141. There will be very limited parking and no car access to the river. River access will be allowed to SHUTTLE vans only. Athletes and spectators may walk to the river access via a Forest Road. NOTE: Road is steep and approximately 3/4 mile to the river access.
- The link below will take you to the Athletes for Cancer website registration area.
General Rules – they’re simple:
- All boats are eligible to participate! We encourage participation from all!
- There are NO boat length restrictions for the $500 cash prize. It’s simple…fastest boat wins!
Schedule – Sunday, July 10
7:30-9:00 Registration at the Hood River Event Site
8:30-9:30 Shuttles leave from Hood River Event Site to White Salmon River put-in
10:00 Competitor’s meeting
10:30 Race Start
1:15 Kayak RAFFLE for Imagine Surf Whitewater SUP Board! Buy Raffle Tickets online in advance of the event. You do not need to be present to win.
1:30 Awards at Hood River Event Site